By Peter Pearson
Chapters and subject matters include:
1. creation and modern reflections on iconography, spirituality, and technique.
2. Highlighting folds on full-length figures, together with black and white renderings of draped legs, hands, and torsos.
3. Architectural and panorama renderings in Byzantine iconography, together with historical past shadow and highlighting thoughts, plus inverse perspective.
4. Festal icons, regarding a number of figures, landscapes, structure, furnishings, crops, and animals.
5. building of heads, figures, and research of complete compositions, sacred geometry and proportion.
Read or Download Another Brush with God: Further Conversations about Icons PDF
Similar painting books
This compilation comprises reproductions of forty-six summary acrylic work on canvas created via artist Eugene James Martin in his studio in Lafayette, Louisiana, in 2003. All works degree 24x30” (~76 x 60 cm)
Flip your love of animals into paintings you like! From her kinfolk farm in Kentucky, artist Jeanne Filler Scott spends her days joyfully surrounded through pets, barnyard animals and flora and fauna. during this ebook, she stocks her love of animals and her effortless concepts for taking pictures their good looks and style in acrylics, oils and pencil.
Sixteenth-century wall work in a Buddhist temple within the Tibetan cultural area of northwest India are the point of interest of this cutting edge and richly illustrated research. at the beginning formed by means of one set of spiritual ideals, the work have seeing that been reinterpreted and retraced via a later Buddhist group, subsumed inside its spiritual framework and communal reminiscence.
The Sister Chapel (1974-78) was once an incredible collaborative set up that materialized on the peak of the ladies? s artwork circulation. Conceived as a nonhierarchical, secular commemoration of girl position versions, The Sister Chapel consisted of an eighteen-foot summary ceiling that hung above a round association of 11 huge canvases, every one depicting the status determine of a heroic girl.
Extra info for Another Brush with God: Further Conversations about Icons
Another Brush with God: Further Conversations about Icons by Peter Pearson